RJG offers a fine art and antique appraisal service. Rebekah Jacob is one of a few certified art appraisers specializing in art of all mediums (painting, sculpture, photography, etc.) of the American South and Latin America, particularly Cuba.
All appraisals written by Rebekah Jacob are legal documents which conform to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the Code of Ethics of the Appraiser Association of America. Having studied and earned the required credentials at New York University/ NYU, Rebekah Jacob is a member of the AAA (Appraisers Association of America), and has been a licensed appraiser for over 15 years.
We can meet your specific legal requirements and can provide Expert Witness depositions for all our documents. An appraisal is a written statement, independently and impartially prepared by a qualified appraiser, setting forth an opinion of defined value of an adequately described property, as of a specific date, supported by the presentation and analysis of relevant market information.
- Description of appraised object; item, country/region of origin, medium, date(s)/period of creation, markings (signature, stamp, embossed, etc.), dimensions, etc.
- Condition report
- Determinations of appropriate markets and market data comparisons
- Major and minor auction histories, and pertaining Lot Value
- Provenance (if applicable)
- Fair market value, replacement / marketable cash value.
- Additional information (if applicable) include relevant dates/history, catalogue raisonne number, exhibition history, publication history, artist history, and any and all further relevant information determining value.
A professional appraiser estimates the value, at a given time, of a particular type of property.
These estimations are necessary for purposes such as:
- INSURANCE SCHEDULING
- DAMAGE AND LOSS
- SALE AND PURCHASE
- EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION
- CHARITABLE DONATIONS
- ESTATE AND TAX RETURNS
- PROBATE OF ESTATES
PLEASE NOTE: Appraisal fees are not based on commissions or percentages of items valued, the intended use of the appraisal or the financial outcome from its use.
To arrange for a confidential appraisal: please inquire below, call 843.872.6019, or submit through APPRAISAL FORM on this page.