RJG offers a fine art and photography appraisal services, specializing in fine art and photography of the American South and Caribbean Isles, particularly Cuba. An art appraisal is a written statement, independently and impartially prepared by an expert, setting forth an opinion of defined value of an adequately described property, as of a specific date, supported by the presentation and analysis of relevant market information.
- Description of appraised object: artist, title, medium, date(s)/period of creation, signature, insciprtion, dimensions, etc.
- Determinations of appropriate markets and market data comparisons
- Major and minor auction histories pertaining to an individual lot (if applicable)
- Provenance (history of the art work)
- Fair market value, replacement or marketable cash value
- Additional information: exhibition history, publication history, artist history, etc.
- INSURANCE SCHEDULING
- DAMAGE AND LOSS
- SALE AND PURCHASE
- EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION
- CHARITABLE DONATIONS
- ESTATE AND TAX RETURNS
- PROBATE OF ESTATES
RJG charges $375 per art work. RJG requires $150 per hour for travel time to locations outside of Charleston proper.
Appraisal fees are not based on commissions or percentages of items valued, the intended use of the appraisal or the financial outcome from its use.
Not sure if you require an appraisal, have questions, or are in need of a confidential appraisal? Please inquire below or call 843.872.6019 and a member of the RJG staff will be more than happy to assist.